So Much For That Heroic Daily
I don’t understand why some instances are the cause of major failures for groups, even those with experience fighting raid bosses which are supposed to be worse. It’s not even because of a random fluke of the day. This is the continuous wipes on the boss of a heroic instance.
Some of the worst:
- Murmur in Shadow Labyrinth: Why is the sonic boom mechanic so much more complicated than in normal mode I have no idea. I rarely drop Murmur on heroic mode just because people can’t live through the sonic booms.
- Kael’thas Sunstrider in Magisters’ Terrace: If you get past Priestess Delrissa, either Kael’thas himself or the pack of mobs before him will stop you. Whether it be eggs or orbs, each fight results in some premature death.
- Harbinger Skyriss in the Arcatraz: I suppose there’s a reason why this is the objective of the Tenacity portion of the trials of the Naaru, but heroic Arcatraz and normal Arcatraz just differ so much in general.
- Nethermancer Sepethrea in the Mechanar: There’s something about PuGs and fire. More often than not, this fight turns into chaos when it can actually be quite orderly. I’ve found that people usually skip her to go for Pathaleon first and the decide if it’s worth the extra badge for Sepethrea.
- Pandemonius in Mana-Tombs: Another one where people seem to find trouble killing a boss when the normal mode is straightforward.
I’m not sure if it’s because people aren’t setting their expectations high enough so that they are up to the challenge, but it makes me frustrated when I can’t finish a heroic daily. On the other hand, it kind of humbles you because you can get stuck on an instance boss when you can kill one raid boss easily.
They need a more standardized way of scaling normal to heroic instances because the difficulty jumps are not the same. I find heroic Steamvaults a joke.